Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Current Book


Turns out that I may have lost my ability to read anything without pictures or pop-ups . . . or maybe that I've just lot the time and quiet to do it!!

This is the current book that I am going through and so far LOVE!!!!! I've never thought about the fact that as a group, mothers would be the most familiar with the Buddhist sense of suffering! It's so true - because there are times when you give it all up and suffer for your children. And also that the love between a mother and child can exemplify the form of pure love and understanding that prevails through all of Buddhism.

I can't wait to keep diving into this book - but I have to keep stopping to remind myself of things like precepts, tenets, parts of the eightfold path and the noble truths . . . it's a reeducation!

No comments:

Post a Comment